You asked for it, and here it is! (although I was going to do this regardless because you really all do make this blog and deserve more than just me running my mouth from time to time)
To properly show my thanks to everyone who’s been following, liking and reblogging FFT’s posts for the past year and a half, I’m giving away a custom Final Fantasy logo hoodie! A quick description of what you may win:
- A cotton hoodie in the size of your choice (US adult S, M, L; I will try to get XS or sizes above large if need be, but there is no guarantee on this D:).
- The hoodie is available in black, navy blue and white.
- Over the chest will be a logo of a Final Fantasy game of your choice! KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU’RE NOT LIMITED TO THE ONES SHOWN ABOVE. You can choose from logos from I-XIV, The After Years, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, X-2, Revenant Wings, XIII-2, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, Tactics, Tactics Advance, War of the Lions, Grimoire of the Rift, Dimensions, Versus, Type-0, and Fabula Nova Crystallis. To see what these all look like, check out the samples at the bottom of the post!
- I only have the featured logos and colors, so please don’t ask for what I don’t have! D:RULES/TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Everyone has a maximum of two shots through liking and reblogging this post once. Those who reblog multiple times will be disqualified.
- Please do not try to increase your chances by using any hoarded URLs you may have! >8[
- Yes, I ship internationally if the winner is outside of the United States!
- The deadline will be Thursday November 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM California time, so plan accordingly!
- The winner will be chosen through a random number generator.
- I will announce the winner within 24 hours of the deadline (November 16, 12:18 California time), and the winner in turn will have another 24 hours (November 17, 12:18 PM California time) to reply back to me to confirm.
- Please have your ask or submission boxes open so I can notify you!
- KEEP IN MIND that Final Fantasy Things is a linked account to my personal blog, so the winner will receive an ask/submission from me as gunbladekind.tumblr.com
- If the winner does not reply back to me within 24 hours of my personal notification, or ask/submission box are not activated, I will unfortunately have to choose another winner and that’s no fun. D:After the winner has been decided and confirms with me, I will then make the hoodie he/she chooses and ship it off. This could take a varying amount of time depending on circumstances like shipping times and such, so please be patient! At the very latest, I will try to have the hoodie shipped by no later than December 18, 2012.
One last thing: You do not have to be following Final Fantasy Things to win, nor would it increase your chances of winning! BUT if the winner is a follower, I will also throw in a Dissidia Final Fantasy: Excerpts from the Original Soundtrack selection CD as a little bonus! The CD contains 10 songs from the original soundtrack, as well as a mini biography on and liner notes from Dissidia’s composer Takeharu Ishimoto.Selection CD track listing:
- [DISSIDIA -opening-] from DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY
- [Prelude -menu-] from DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY
- [Keeping the Peace] from DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY
- [Cosmos] from DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY
- [Victory Fanfare -Cosmos-] from DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY
- [Main Theme -arrange-] from FINAL FANTASY
- [Eternal Wind -arrange-] from FINAL FANTASY III
- [Battle With the Four Fiends -arrange-] from FINAL FANTASY IV
- [Battle at the Big Bridge -arrange-] from FINAL FANTASY V
- [Terra’s Theme -arrange-] from FINAL FANTASY VIAny other questions concerning this I will be glad to answer and clarify! In the meantime, good luck and keep calm and cast Ultima. :]
BLACK HOODIE SAMPLES: I | I alternate | II | II alternate | III | IV | IV alternate | IV: The After Years | V | VI | VII | VII: Advent Children | VII: Dirge of Cerberus | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XI | XII | XII: Revenant Wings | XIII | XIII-2 | XIV | Dissidia | Dissidia 012 | Dimensions | Tactics | Tactics Advance | Tactics Advance A2 Grimoire of the Rift | Tactics War of the Lions | Versus XIII | Type-0 | Fabula Nova Crystallis
NAVY HOODIE SAMPLES: I | I alternate | II | II alternate | III | IV | IV alternate | IV: The After Years | V | VI | VII | VII: Advent Children | VII: Dirge of Cerberus | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XI | XII | XII: Revenant Wings | XIII | XIII-2 | XIV | Dissidia | Dissidia 012 | Dimensions | Tactics | Tactics Advance | Tactics Advance A2 Grimoire of the Rift | Tactics War of the Lions | Versus XIII | Type-0 | Fabula Nova Crystallis
WHITE HOODIE SAMPLES: I | I alternate | II | II alternate | III | IV | IV alternate | IV: The After Years | V | VI | VII | VII: Advent Children | VII: Dirge of Cerberus | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XI | XII | XII: Revenant Wings | XIII | XIII-2 | XIV | Dissidia | Dissidia 012 | Dimensions | Tactics | Tactics Advance | Tactics Advance A2 Grimoire of the Rift | Tactics War of the Lions | Versus XIII | Type-0 | Fabula Nova Crystallis
Logo vectors created by and used with permission from eldi13.deviantart.com.
Hoodie base templates created by blackoutballad.tumblr.com.
Final Fantasy Things is in no way affiliated with Square Enix Co., Ltd., is profiting in no way from this giveaway, and claims no ownership or affiliation to Square Enix or the Final Fantasy brand.
Look at how many more I made! If I calculated correctly, then I only have about 32 more characters that actually matter, with like 20 other cute people. Which leads to the next calculation that it will only take me 14 weeks to complete this! WOO HOO.
also, look how cute King of Red Lions is!
Looking down on video games
This is something I’ve always wanted to get my thoughts down on, and something that i’ve been thinking about for a long time.
Video games have literally existed, by definition, since as early as the 60’s, but didn’t really come to light or become more modern until the Atari or Nintendo era of the 80’s. They’ve always been just what they are called: games. Just as one plays a board game, so too are video games used to have fun. And as evidenced by games such as Pong or Donkey Kong, they are challenging. You can develop a strategy. They are supposed to be fun.
But many people think that video games are stupid or immature and look down on them. For whatever reason, there’s a stigma that says that once you reach a certain age you are supposed to abandon the things you once revered. Often times people will clump video games into the pile of things they are supposed to give up. But why? Video games of the present are so much more than just things to have fun with. They can literally be story telling devices. Ways to teach lessons, to instill feelings in people. Just as one reads a book or watches a film, playing video games can tell a story.
I’ve been playing video games since I was old enough to hold a controller and push the buttons. My mother played video games, and even my grandmother played video games (My grandmother taught me how to play Ocarina of Time. How many people can say that?). They’ve always been a part of my life as a good past time. But more than just being a past time, they’ve been a way that I can indulge in something otherworldly. Just like an avid reader uses books to escape every day life and, just for a moment, believe in something fantastical and wonderful beyond comprehension, I have used video games to put myself in another world.
I have always thought I was strange, getting emotional over video games. I’ve used the relation to books and reading a million times but it’s so relevant. I’ve always been good at reading but i’ve never really enjoyed it. I think it’s because video games give me something that books or films can’t; video games give me a sense of control; a sense of “i’m doing this, this is me controlling something and having final say over what happens and how the story progresses,” and that is only getting more true the more video games evolve and give players even more control over what happens in the game. And just as a reader will re-read their favorite books time and time again or someone watches their favorite films over and over again, I can re-play my favorite video games over and over until my eyes bleed.
So if someone ever tries to tell you that video games are stupid or childish, you slap those bitches in the mouth and tell them a thing or two.
2 years ago · 11 notes